This Age/Education Eligibility Chart is for 2018 Local and State Competitions that lead up to the crowning of Miss America’s Outstanding Teen 2019 that will be held in July 2018.
Although additional eligibility rules exist with which contestants must comply, the table below is designed to assist with determining the eligibility for a contestant to compete in a Miss America’s Outstanding Teen State or Local Competitions, based upon the Age/Education eligibility rules of the Miss America and Miss America’s Outstanding Teen organizations:
(1) Eligible if the contestant reaches 13 years of age by the first day of the 2018 Miss State’s Outstanding Teen competition.
(2) This chart represents eligibility based on a potential contestant’s Age and Education. There are other eligibility requirements and rules including: Residency, Citizenship, Other Personal Characteristics, Contractual and Other Obligations, and any special requirements of the Local or State Organization. Refer to the current MAOTeen Application and Contract for Local and State Competitions for more detailed requirements.
(3) The last day that a local Miss Competition may be conducted in the State.
(4) In this case the contestant could also be a high school graduate or have received her G.E.D.
(5) In this case the contestant must graduate from high school or receive her G.E.D. by the end of the Spring 2018 school year.